IT Help Desk Representative
Delray Beach, Florida
Production ID: 401
Job Type: Non- Exempt
Maintain and monitor end-user workstations and productivity on local area network. Perform a variety of maintenance, software installation, end-user support and training tasks to ensure end-user workstations and network performance meet company and user requirements. Provide support to staff on all company-supported applications. Troubleshoot computer problems, determine source and advise on appropriate action. Complete application project-based work. Perform responsibilities in accordance with all company standards, policies and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities
The following duties and responsibilities mostly reflect the expectations of this position, but are
not intended to be all inclusive.
- Administers end-user workstations and supports end-user activities utilizing TCP/IP on a primarily Microsoft Windows-based local area network (LAN).
- Investigates user problems and identifies their source; determines possible solutions; tests and implements solutions.
- Installs, configures and maintains personal computers, Windows networks, Apple workstations, file servers, network cabling, and other related equipment, devices and systems; adds or upgrades and configures disk drives, printers and related equipment.
- Performs and/or oversees software and application installation and upgrades.
- Maintains site licenses for department/organization.
- Plans and implements network security, including maintaining firewalls, configuring
- VPN, managing host security, file permissions, file system integrity, and adding and deleting users.
- Troubleshoots networks, systems and applications to identify and correct malfunctions and other operational difficulties.
- Develops and conducts various training and instruction for system users on operating systems and other applications; assists users in maximizing use of networks and computing systems.
- Maintains confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored or accessed by the end-users on the network.
- Assists personnel of other departments as a computer resource.
- Provides computer orientation to new and existing company staff.
- Light travel to Remote Offices
- Work weekends, holidays if necessary
- Perform other duties assigned by management
Education and/or Experience
- Degree in related field and 3-5 years of networking experience, or equivalent applicable
- work experience.
- 1-2 years help desk experience.
- Ability to communicate technical information to nontechnical personnel.
- Ability to install, configure and maintain personal computers, networks and related hardware and software.
- Knowledge of computer and/or network security systems, applications, procedures and techniques.
- Ability to identify and resolve computer system malfunctions and operations problems.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to learn and support new systems and applications.
- Extensive knowledge of the methods and procedures applicable to systems operation, installation and maintenance.
- Ability to document technical procedures
- Ability to make decisions recognizing established precedents and practices and touse resourcefulness and tact in solving new problems.
- Ability to exercise judgment and discretion in applying and interpretingdepartment rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Ability to actively communicate, inspire and motivate all levels of staff.
- Ability to think and act strategically and proactively.
- Strong writing and presentation skills.
Tools and Equipment Used
Computer, laptop, spread sheets, email, SKYPE, database applications, phone, scanning
equipment, copy machine, fax, other company and client technology software
- Active listening skills
- Able to Multi-task, Interact, and Motivate other
- Great Attitude & Attendance
- Team Player; Receptive to Feedback & Coaching
- Accountable & Compassionate
- Willingness to Teach and be Taught
- Can Handle Stressful Situations
- Problem Solver
- Strong Work Ethic
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Lift at least 5- 20 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently in a stationary position, move, traverse, operate, activate, use, prepare, inspect, place, detect, position, ascend/descend, communicate, discern, exchange communication, identify, recognize, assess, move, install, remove, expose work around cubicle, all when necessary for the function of the role.
- Able to work in a fast paced, noisy Call Center environment
- Able to have professional working relationships with various personalities
- Flexible, Adaptable to constant change, Ability to deal with stress
This job description may change, and/be modified with or without notice based on the
department, client and/or company needs.