Human Resource Administrator
Delray Beach, Florida
Production ID: 905
Job Type: Exempt
The Human Resource Administrator performs duties at the professional level in some or all of the following functional areas: employee relations, training, employment, affirmative action and employment equity program, and benefits management. This position requires an extremely perceptive person who is capable of relating to individuals at all levels within the organization. The specialist must be sensitive to corporate needs, employee goodwill and the business needs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains all employee and applicant documentation as dictated.
- Manages and tracks all employee disciplinary action.
- Assist with coaching, counseling and guiding managers before executing employee disciplinary actions.
- Maintains and processes all Unemployment Notices of Entitlement and potential charges in a timely, efficient manner. Attends unemployment hearings when necessary.
- Conducts recruitment effort for all exempt and nonexempt personnel, students and temporary employees; conducts new-employee orientations; monitors career-pathing program; and writes and places advertisements.
- Acts as an employee relations specialist.
- Maintains employee personnel files.
- Maintains, updates HR portal.
- Ensures compliance with USCIS Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification;
- periodically audits Forms I-9.
- Distributes and monitors employee performance evaluations and ensures they are donein a timely manner (i.e., three months, six months, one year and yearly thereafter).
- Updates, monitors and maintains eligible salary adjustments/increases based on three and six-month and one-year evaluations on HR portal.
- Reports, maintains and monitors all workers' compensation case files; follows-up on open cases.
- Lead grant research and proposals.
- When needed monitor employee eligibility for benefits plans. Reviews benefits with employees and processes enrollment, cancellation or changes.
- Maintains and coordinates employee recognition programs and update organization portals with content.
- Maintains high standards of confidentiality of all employee records and information.
- Work closely with our Payroll Department to submit and reconcile payroll.
Education and/or Experience
- A bachelor's degree and/or three to five years of HR experience or seven years of experience in the HR field, or any similar combination of education and experience.
- Prior call center experience helpful
Tools and Equipment Used
Computer, including word processing, spreadsheet, email and database application software; printer; phone; scanning equipment; copy machine; and fax.
- Great Communication and Customer Service Skills
- Spelling, Typing and Sentence Structure Skills
- Active listening skills
- Able to Multi-task and Motivate other
- Great Attitude & Attendance
- Team Player; Receptive to Feedback & Coaching
- Accountable & Compassionate
- Willingness to Teach and be Taught
- Bilingual: Spanish and English
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
- Able to work in a fast paced, noisy Call Center environment
- Able to have professional working relationships with various personalities
- Flexible, Adaptable to constant change, Ability to deal with stress
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.